Driven by a combination of a car-centric culture and an insatiable thirst for productivity and efficiency, we're spending more time sedentary and alone than we ever have before.
- The Secret Teachings of All Ages (Readers Edition)!
- Reclaiming Our Health: Exploding the Medical Myth and Embracing the Source of True Healing;
- Digital Frequency Synthesis Demystified : DDS and Fractional-N PLLs (Demystified) (Demystified).
- Reclaiming Our Health - Michelle A. Gourdine, M.D. PhysicianAuthorSpeaker.
- Primary Sidebar!
- Public Opinion and Polling around the World: A Historical Encyclopedia a Two Volume set.
If bipedal walking is truly what makes our species human, as paleoanthropologists claim, what does it mean that we are designing walking right out of our lives? Antonia Malchik asks essential questions at the center of humanity's evolution and social structures: Who gets to walk, and where?
Reclaiming Our Health | Yale University Press
How did we lose the right to walk, and what implications does that have for the strength of our communities, the future of democracy, and the pervasive loneliness of individual lives? The loss of walking as an individual and a community act has the potential to destroy our deepest spiritual connections, our democratic society, our neighborhoods, and our freedom.
But we can change the course of our mobility. And we need to.
- Food as Medicine: Reclaiming our Health and Health Care System.
- OECD Secretary-General?
- The 36 Strategies of the Martial Arts: The Classic Chinese Guide for Success in War, Business, and Life.
- US Navy aircraft camouflage & markings 1940-1945!
- Magnetic Reconnection in Space and Laboratory Plasmas;
- Bestselling Series!
- RECLAIMING OUR HEALTH | A Guide to African American Wellness.
Delving into a wealth of science, history, and anecdote — from our deepest origins as hominins to our first steps as babies, to universal design and social infrastructure, A Walking Life shows exactly how walking is essential, and how deeply reliant our brains and bodies are on this simple pedestrian act — and how we can reclaim it. But there are many other conditions, including most forms of cancer, viral infections, allergic and autoimmune disorders, and most chronic degenerative diseases, that are more effectively handled with alternative approaches.
To my eyes, the monopolization of health care by the medical-pharmaceutical-complex not only violates our rights to health freedom.
A Walking Life: Reclaiming Our Health and Our Freedom One Step at a Time
It drains us of our potential for wholeness and healing by slighting the power of the human body to restore itself, and by rejecting the value of natural medicine. I believe it is possible that the current medical crisis, as dire as it is, can be an entry point for transformation.
The situation holds vast opportunity as well as danger. The movement to reclaim our bodies and our lives may in fact represent the most powerful grassroots movement that has yet emerged to challenge the underlying paradigm of our society, the basic philosophical assumptions that have us marching, in the name of progress and control, toward ecological disaster and social chaos.
As a champion of women and children, Robbins writes with passion about the destructive influence of patriarchal medicine and points the way to a future medicine that integrates the best of conventional and alternative therapies — and that honors nature as the source of all healing.
It is beautifully written, and an outstanding example of patient empowerment. Gorgeously written, Reclaiming Our Health embraces healing with a perspective that includes us as individuals, societies, and the universe. A phenomenal book. His is a call for us to reclaim responsibility for our own health, a responsibility — he makes clear — much too important to be left to medical doctors.
- A Walking Life: Reclaiming Our Health and Our Freedom One Step at a Time!
- Spotlight On.
- A Guide to African American Wellness!
- Customer Reviews.
- Convex Analysis and Nonlinear Optimization: Theory and Examples!